Psychiatric Rehabilitation Counselors
Full Time Position
1. Assist assigned People in Recovery (PIR) in defining and progressing toward self-defined recovery goals.
2. Provide individual and group counseling for PIR utilizing an Evidenced-Based Practices approach.
3. Insure that defined clinical documents are completed and updated in cooperation with PIR and according to program procedures.
4. Assist in all aspects of recovery program as directed by Associate Director/ Program Coordinator.
5. Facilitate psycho-educational, skills training, rehabilitation and therapy groups as assigned.
6. Assist persons in recovery to become familiar with and utilize existing community resources to achieve recovery goals.
7. Work in cooperation with PIR in design and implementation of program schedule.
8. Rotating on-call responsibilities.
9. Participate in all team meetings.
10. Attend mandated Recovery and Rehabilitation trainings.
11. Attend scheduled in-service training.
12. Other responsibilities as assigned by the Associate Director.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: (MA level positions available) Master's degree in a Behavioral Health/Human Services Field is required. Certification as a Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioner is a plus. Experience with an aging population is a plus. One to two years experience in psychiatric rehabilitation is preferred. Will be required to complete Orientation in Psychiatric Rehabilitation within 1 year of full time employment. Willing and physically able to: A) Climb stairs; B) Stand and Sit for prolonged periods of time; C) Carry heavy documents; D) Bend and kneel; E) Restrain clients in emergency situations; F) Use public transportation.