Residential Counselors/ Psych Technicians
Part Time Position
Pool (as needed) positions with the potential for full time. Please specify shift availability. Salary - $12.00/hour
1. Assist in developing and carrying out individual plans for consumers.
2. Provide counseling and training for consumers in areas such as personal care, life skills, and conflicts.
3. Facilitate interaction and socialization among consumers. At times, co-lead group activities.
4. Complete on a timely basis all documentation as instructed.
5. Accompany consumers on off-unit activities, including appointments.
6. Assist consumers in learning to use community resources, including public transportation.
7. Ensure the security of the consumers and care of property and building.
8. Provide crisis intervention when necessary.
9. Attend meetings and maintain compliance for credentialing and training.
10. All other duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: High School Diploma or G.E.D. plus 12 semester behavioral health college credit hours are required. At least two years experience in a human services field is required. This experience must involve direct contact with individual(s) receiving services.
Must be physically able to: A) Assist client with personal hygiene; B) Assist with lifting client; C) Sit, stand, walk, bend, kneel and climb; D) Restrain clients in emergency situations.