Part Time Position
Responsible for maintaining security at assigned CATCH sites with the primary goal of safety for clients, staff and facilities.
1. Conducts scheduled and unscheduled patrols of the inside of the assigned buildings and the outside perimeters including the fenced-in areas;
2. Establishes a liaison with the site supervisors/program coordinators to assist in security needs;
3. Completes a patrol log during tour of duty indicating all security activities conducted;
4. Provides a periodic presence of security at company parking lots;
5. Conducts preliminary investigations of unusual incidents and submits written reports of same;
6. As assigned, conducts in- depth investigations, coordinates investigations with supervisor and submits thorough written reports;
7. Responds to fire alarms at assigned sites, ensuring that all occupants leave the building and notifies Facilities personnel on call of alarm;
8. Notifies Police emergency - 911 - when Police presence is needed;
9. Wears and maintains prescribed issued uniform; and interacts professionally and courteously with clients, staff and visitors;
10. When assigned to Security Headquarters (Penrose), ensures oerational readiness of electronic and telephone equipment;
11. Performs other duties as assigned by Director of Security or their designee;
12. Works various assignments, including twenty-four (24) hour shifts on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays.
High School or GED plus two years work experience required. Prior security work experience in a behavioral health company, hospital,or human services organization is preferred.
Must have physical ability to: A) Frequently climb stairs; B) Stand and sit for prolonged periods of time; C) Carry heavy items; D) Bend, kneel and reach; E) Passively restrain individuals in emergency situations.