Administrative Assistant- Out Patient
Full Time Mon-Fri
Role and Responsibilities
The consumer representative performs multiple duties including greeting consumers and visitors, answering and routing calls, scheduling appointments, assisting with intakes, maintain consumer records, as well as reviews required documentation and checks eligibility. More importantly, the consumer rep supports the mission and vision of the department.
Brief outline of position:
- Greets all visitors to the facility and directs them appropriately.
- Greets consumers and visitors in a prompt, pleasant, and helpful manner in person and on the telephone.
- Answers the telephone and makes appointments or responds to inquiries.
- Communicates with the clinical staff regarding consumers’ visits.
- Assist with processing medical records.
- Process new and discharged consumer charts.
- Conduct daily reminder calls for all upcoming doctors’ appointments.
- Complete daily registration forms for potential clients via phone or face-to-face as needed.
- Order, restock, and maintain office supplies and inventory.
- Conducts inventory control and oversees distribution of agency forms.
- Open, maintain, and conduct administrative quality control of clinical charts.
- Manage the influx of consumer inquiries and assigning as needed.
- Support Office Manager with technical issues and implementation of front office procedures.
- Maintains consumers’ confidentiality with HIPPA and other federal, state, and local regulations as stated in the policies and procedures manual.
- Answers inquires of consumers and public in person or via telephone regarding regulations and services; refers inquires to appropriate person or department.
- Acting as back up, handling all consumer and facility issues when supervisor or manager is
- Other duties assigned by Office Manager and/or Director.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Has knowledge of computer software such as MS Word, MS Excel, and electronic health records.
- Has exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Able to work independently with little to no supervision but uses available resources for problem resolution as indicated by circumstances or need.
- Able to efficiently manage time; Completes assignments within a timely manner.
- Work collaboratively with team members to assure optimal outcomes of care and service.
- Keeps supervisor or manager informed of work-related issues at all times.
- Able to adapt quickly to unanticipated changes in workflow or work process within a fast-paced office environment.
- Able to understand, carry out, and remember verbal and written instructions.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Associate Degree with one-year experience in clerical supervision or High School Diploma with
three years’ experience in customer service field and/or medical office field setting. Vaccination Required.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE (IF APPLICABLE)
Must have an acceptable PA criminal history, FBI clearance and Child Abuse clearance done prior to hire.
Attention to Detail
Ability to work with diverse individuals
Proficient Computer Skills
Good Verbal and Written Communication Skills
Good organizational skills
This job operates out of the Reed Street Out Patient location.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, dayshift, Monday through Friday.
Must have physical ability to: a) climb stairs; b) sit for prolong periods, carry heavy objects (up to 20lbs), kneel and bend.
Equal Employment Opportunity
CATCH Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CATCH Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. CATCH Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CATCH’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.