Clinical Supervisor (CMS Inc.)
Brief outline of duties:
- Do treatment planning and documentation according to ODAP Regulations for a maximum caseload of five consumers.
- Meet with Addiction Counselors as outlined by state of Pennsylvania Licensure Board and Crisis Management Services funding sources.
- Observe and provide documented and verbal feedback on day-to-day clinical interactions to the Primary Addiction Counselors.
- Observe and provide feedback to Facility Director/Project Director or designee on various groups and activities that are part of the River’s Bend Treatment Schedule. Observations should occasionally be scheduled for the evenings and weekend activities.
- Assume all on-call duties when program manager is unavailable.
- Deal with crisis/emergency situations as outlined in the River’s Bend Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Supervise and participate in consumer’s daily scheduled activities.
- Work with the Program Manager in planning and implementing consumer’s recreational/leisure time.
- Counsel consumers specifically in the areas of drug and alcohol awareness and crisis intervention.
- Work as a member of a treatment team in the role of a Counselor.
- Document consumer’s progress adequately.
- Serve as a back up in conducting intake/admissions.
- Assist Project Director and Program Manager with implementing State. City or Agency Policies/Programming.
- Maintain educational/trainings/supervision requirements as set forth in the State and Local Regulations.
- Participate in clinical staff meetings.
- All other duties as assigned by Facility Director/Project Director or designee.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Masters or Bachelors degree from an accredited college in psychology, social work, nursing or other related field, plus one year experience in a drug and alcohol setting.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE (IF APPLICABLE)
Must have an acceptable PA criminal history, FBI clearance and Child Abuse clearance done prior to hire.
This job operates out of the CMS River’s Bend location.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.; Plus 8 hours split: 4hrs one night per month and 4hrs one weekend per month.
Must have physical ability to: A) Climb stairs; B) Sit for prolonged periods of time; C) Carry heavy documents; D) Bend and kneel; E) Passively restrain individuals in emergency situations
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CMS Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CMS Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. CMS Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CMS’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.