Fitness Center Trainer
BRIEF OUTLINE OF POSITION:
- Supervise participants in fitness activities at the Fitness Center
- Maintain fitness records for all participants
- Ascertain medical/physical eligibility of individuals participating in fitness activities at the Fitness Center
- Ensure that the facilities are clean and any equipment is properly maintained
- Assure all participant abide by Fitness Center rules and regulations
- All other duties as assigned by Fitness Coordinator.
- Turn on all equipment (i.e. bikes, treadmill, etc.)
- Clean any areas that need to be cleaned (i.e. equipment, floor, and mirrors.)
- Replenish bathroom/locker room supplies. Replenish towels
- Make sure all clients and employees sign in; pull out workout charts for all client and employees.
- For first time visitors fill out evaluation form, workout chart, and verify a doctor has evaluated any health issues before beginning workout program.
- Input bio information into computer.
- Ensure all visitors have proper workout attire – sneakers or rubber soled shoes.
- Chart all exercises and weights done by client/employee.
- Monitor activities to ensure all exercises are being performed with proper form to ensure safety.
- Closing activities include: clean all equipment, turn off equipment, file paperwork daily, lock desk and file cabinet, turn off lights, and lock fitness center doors.
- Report all incidents to Fitness Coordinator.
Fitness certification is desired. Experience working with all levels of individuals, seniors, etc. CPR and First Aid experience.