Role and Responsibilities
The HR Support Specialist position is responsible for providing a wide range of support to the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources office. This position manages the administration of policies, procedures and programs; provides excellent customer service; and has responsibilities in
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- General support and administration
- Credentialing/onboarding employees
- Assist with Recruitment functions such as attending job fairs, pre-hire screening and scheduling interviews
- Liaise with temporary agencies and hiring managers for placing internal staffing needs, processing and reporting invoices.
- Maintain compliance with temporary agency personnel files for credentialing and licensing purposes as well as audit preparation.
- Responsible for inputting and obtaining information from the National Practitioner Data Bank and other credentialing systems such as P.A.T.C.H. (PA State Police), FBI, Child Abuse.
- Assist with ongoing maintenance of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) including creating reports utilizing Access and ADP Workforce Now.
- Supports general HR compliance.
- Participates on committees, special projects and seeks additional responsibilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
High School Diploma required; Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred. Minimum of (2) years Human Resources experience required along with excellent communication and interpersonal skills required. Human Resources certification preferred; PHR or SPHR. Ability to build and maintain relationships. Ability to Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. Ability to work cross-functionally in order to meet deadlines. Ability to maintain highly confidential nature of benefits and human resources work. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access. Must be extremely detail oriented, analytical, organized and have strong communication skills. Must have the ability to work independent and as a team. Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE (IF APPLICABLE)
Must complete PA criminal history, FBI clearance and Child Abuse clearance prior to hire.
- Attention to Detail.
- Critical Evaluation.
- Ethical Practice.
- Cultural Awareness.
- HR Expertise.
- Relationship Management.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position may require long hours at certain times.
Travel is primarily local within city limits during the business day.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.