Role and Responsibilities
Maintain agency facilities in a safe manner so that services can be conducted safely without undo interruption of ongoing operations.
BRIEF OUTLINE OF POSITION:
- Perform repairs, including electrical, carpentry, and diagnosis and trouble shoot HVAC, plumbing etc.
- Follow daily tasks as assigned by supervisor or CFO.
- Review and report all health, safety and maintenance issues to your supervisor.
- Placement, removal and moving of furniture, appliances, records, supplies, equipment and deliveries.
- Maintain respectful and effective working relationships with vendors and sub contracted trades.
- Be able to work flexible hours including building openings and closings which are outside normal business hours.
- Assist in emergencies related to building maintenance 24/7.
- Be available during inclement weather season.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or CFO.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
High School Diploma or equivalency required. Current valid driver’s license; must have ability to pass CATCH Inc.’s Road Test; must be able to pass DOT physical. Must have basic knowledge of principles in general building maintenance, HVAC systems, electrical, plumbing, carpentry and painting.
Prior experience in mental health environment
Attention to Detail
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE (IF APPLICABLE)
Must have an acceptable PA criminal history, FBI clearance and Child Abuse clearance done prior to hire.
This job operates in and around a number of commercial, office and residential environments.
Travel is primarily local within city limits during the business day.
Heavy physical effort which may include frequent standing, walking, bending, kneeling climbing stairs and handling of heavy items such as machines or equipment of up to 50 pounds; frequent activities require full body exertion; must be comfortable working at heights up to 20 feet on an extension ladder. Indoor/outdoor work environment with some exposure to weather extremes. Must possess physical attributes to accomplish the assignments listed above.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CATCH Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CATCH Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. CATCH Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CATCH’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.