Role and Responsibilities
Maintain agency facilities in a safe manner so that services can be conducted safely without undo interruption of ongoing operations.
BRIEF OUTLINE OF POSITION:
- Perform repairs, including electrical, carpentry, and diagnosis and trouble shoot HVAC, plumbing etc.
- Follow daily tasks as assigned by supervisor or CFO.
- Review and report all health, safety and maintenance issues to your supervisor.
- Assist in certifications of fire system, sprinkler system, alarms, City and State inspections and at times with sub contractors when needs arise.
- Placement, removal and moving of furniture, appliances, records, supplies, equipment and deliveries.
- Maintain respectful and effective working relationships with vendors and sub contracted trades.
- Work hours are normally 8:00am-3:30pm. In addition, must be able to work flexible hours including building openings and closings which are outside normal business hours.
- Assist in emergencies related to building maintenance 24/7.
- Be available during inclement weather season.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or CFO.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
High School Diploma or equivalency required. Current valid driver’s license; must have ability to pass CATCH Inc.’s Road Test; must be able to pass DOT physical. Must pass all background clearances and drug testing. Must have basic knowledge of principles in general building maintenance, HVAC systems, electrical, plumbing, carpentry and painting.
Prior experience in mental health environment
Attention to Detail
Heavy physical effort which may include frequent standing, walking, bending, kneeling climbing stairs and handling of heavy items such as machines or equipment of up to 50 pounds; frequent activities require full body exertion; must be comfortable working at heights up to 20 feet on an extension ladder. Indoor/outdoor work environment with some exposure to weather extremes. Must possess physical attributes to accomplish the assignments listed above.