Nurse/Psychiatric Rehabilitation Counselor
Full-Time; Mon-Fri; 37.5 hours
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide coordination of efforts to assist People in Recovery (PIR) to pursue their self defined goals.
2. Complete initial medical assessments to include review of medical questionnaire with new PIR and share results with assigned Psychiatrist and Team.
3. Responsible for the development and implementation of psycho-educational, skills training, and supportive groups. Facilitate approximately one group per day.
4. Responsible for ordering medicines for stock when necessary to maintain adequate supplies on hand. Maintain appropriate communication with pharmacy.
5. Assist in encouraging PIR to establish contact with PCP. Educate PIR to preventive medicine strategies.
6. Document medical problems of PIR in progress note and inform Psychiatrist via memo or telephone of same.
7. Arrange for medical appointments and follow-up as necessary – if not taken care of by ICM or Psychiatric Rehabilitation Counselor.
8. Review lab studies and blood work. Disseminate results to treating physicians.
9. Assist PIR in managing medication independently Give all medications scheduled during assigned shift or observe patients self-medicating.
10. Coordinate OP psychiatric appointments for PIR and assist OP psychiatrist as needed.
11. Take all vital signs scheduled during assigned shift.
12. Take off physician orders written during assigned shift. Assist Psychiatrist as necessary.
13. Complete all paperwork and charting associated with the management of a caseload via Electronic Health Records.
14. Active participation in clinical staff meetings.
15. Provide back up for essential Nursing needs for other Recovery programs as needed.
16. Other duties as assigned by Directors and/or Program Coordinators.
Must have an acceptable PA criminal history, FBI clearance and Child Abuse clearance done prior to hire.
This job operates in and around a number of commercial, office and residential environments.
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 37.5 hours per week.
Must have physical ability to: A) Assist with lifting of clients; B) Restrain clients in emergency situations; C) Kneel and bend
CATCH Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CATCH Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. CATCH Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CATCH’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.