Role and Responsibilities
Responsible for the day-to-day clinical and administrative operations of the Respite I Facility. This Program will operate within the confines of state regulations, CATCH policies, and professional mental health standards.
Brief Outline of Position:
- Assume clinical and administrative responsibility for the twenty-four hour operation of the Respite I Facility in conjunction with the Residential Director.
- Assume on-call duty.
- Schedule and/or assure that the staffing needs are met on a daily basis.
- Conduct shift reports, staff meetings and individual supervisory sessions with staff on a regular basis.
- Will meet with the Quality Assurance Specialist on a regular basis to discuss treatment plans and case management needs. This includes monitoring the charts/paperwork and carrying a caseload, as well as being a liaison to the recovery programs and various agency departments and outside agencies.
- Provide clinical and supportive services to residents when needed including conducting community meetings and coordinating medical/dental/vision appointments as necessary.
- Handle/monitor crisis situations and then report to the Residential Director.
- Maintain safe and adequate living standards at the facility, including monitoring the menu to ensure nutritionally balanced meals are served.
- Work with the Residential Director in the areas of program development, hiring, training and evaluation of staff.
- Work with the Residential Director to assure that programs are run fiscally sound and clinically safe. This would include: monitoring and/or conducting all purchases, monitoring inventory (food/supplies), rent collection and managing client allowances.
- Responsible for taking vital signs, assessment of resident’s medical and psychological symptoms and the documentation of same in the nursing progress notes.
- Ensure proper and accurate transcription of physician orders and that accurate documentation is maintained on the administration of medication, verbal physician orders and individuals that are on self-medication plans.
- Inform the physician of acute or ongoing medical and/or psychiatric problems, scheduled physician appointment times and the results of medical assessments and testing.
- Will supervise the scheduling of outside medical/dental/vision appointments and the scheduling of transportation for the appointments.
- Review resident’s health plan, develop and manage medical and medication goals for residents’ comprehensive treatment plans including residents who are in the self administration medication program.
- Develop and run nursing groups, group therapy and treatment team meetings.
- Additional duties may be assigned at the discretion of the Residential Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Bachelors Degree in one of the social sciences or a valid Pennsylvania LPN license preferred. Must have at least five years of residential/mental health experience. A proven knowledge of TIP Protocols/Requirements, program setup and development as measured by the Director of Residential Services. Must be computer literate (Word, Excel) possess a valid driver’s license and demonstrate excellent communication skills.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE (IF APPLICABLE)
Must have an acceptable PA criminal history, FBI clearance and Child Abuse clearance done prior to hire.
Proficient in Microsoft Office
This job operates at the Respite I location.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position, Mon-Fri. Days and hours of work are based on program and resident needs.
Yes; This individual supervises the counselors and/or nurses at the Respite I Facility.
Must have physical ability to: A) Climb stairs; B) Carry heavy documents (Case files).
Equal Employment Opportunity
CATCH Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CATCH Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. CATCH Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CATCH’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.