Psychiatric Technician/Clerical Assistant
Role and Responsibilities
Responsible for providing clerical support within the department and supervising residents during scheduled shifts and provides individual support (i.e. life skills) for assigned consumers. All work is performed in accordance with state regulations, CATCH Policies and Procedures and professional mental health standards.
BRIEF OUTLINE OF POSITION:
- Assisting in developing and carrying out individual plans for consumers and preparing them to make transition to a more highly structured residential/treatment program.
- Providing counseling and training for target population.
- Assist consumers with learning and achievement of activities of daily living.
- Facilitating interaction among consumers and co-leading group activities.
- Completing all documentations as instructed.
- Accompanying consumers on/off unit activities/appointments.
- Provide clerical support to Associate Director which includes but not limited to: typing consumers’ related and administrative material; filing; Xeroxing and answering the telephone.
- Assist in the ordering of program supplies and shopping for consumer supplies and snacks.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
High School Diploma or GED plus 12 semester credit hours from an approved educational program required. Psychiatric experience in either an inpatient setting or an emergency services setting. Computer knowledge, light typing and good organizational skills required.
Basic Computer Skills
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE (IF APPLICABLE)
- Must have a clean PA criminal history, FBI clearance and Child Abuse clearance done prior to hire.
This job works on an eight bed program unit designed for consumers who are homeless and have psychiatric or psychiatric/substance abuse issues.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.