REGISTERED NURSE (CMS Inc.)
Role and Responsibilities:
Primarily responsible for the supervision of consumers’ self-medication and the assessment/monitoring of their other health needs. All work is performed in accordance with City, State and Federal regulations, CMS policies and procedures, and professional standards.
Brief outline of duties:
· Transcribe physician’s orders and dispense medication.
· Assist with admissions and discharges including documentation of consumers’ physical health needs, along with their chemical abuse history.
· Conduct lectures for consumers’ specifically around health issues related to chemical abuse.
· Provide Curriculum and training on HIV education for staff
· Participate in the treatment planning process for all consumers.
· Act as a backup in the absence of the Addictions Counselor
· Act as a backup for conducting concurrent reviews.
· Supervise Clinical Institute Withdrawal Assessments.
· Supervise Clinical Opiate Institute Withdrawal Scale Assessments.
· Act as a liaison between physician and program staff.
· Review and document lab results and schedule appointments for consumers as needed.
· Take vital signs, coordinates physical treatment ordered by a physician and any other nursing duty that is ordered by a licensed physician.
· Documentation of Progress notes, physical assessments, treatment plans, etc.
· All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Valid Pennsylvania license as a RN plus at least two (2) years experience with population.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires prolonged periods of sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling and stooping all day. It also requires, frequently lift or move items weighing over 20 pounds.