Registered Nurse (CMS Inc. RBU)
Full-Time- River’s Bend Unit 4pm-12am
*Competitive Salary & Benefits*
Role and Responsibilities
Primarily responsible for the supervision of residents’ self-medication and the assessment/monitoring of their other health needs. All work is performed in accordance with City, State and Federal regulations, CMS policies and procedures, and professional standards.
Brief outline of duties:
- Transcribe physician’s orders and dispense medication.
- Assist with admissions and discharges including documentation of clients physical health needs, along with their chemical abuse history.
- Conduct lectures for clients specifically around health issues related to chemical abuse.
- Participate in the treatment planning process for all clients.
- Act as a back up in the absence of the Addictions Counselor
- Act as a liaison between physician and program staff.
- Review and document lab results and schedule appointments for clients as needed.
- Take vital signs, coordinates physical treatment ordered by a physician and any other nursing duty that is ordered by a licensed physician.
- Documentation of Progress notes, physical assessments, treatment plans, etc.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Valid Pennsylvania license as a RN plus at least 2 years experience with population.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE (IF APPLICABLE)
Must have an acceptable PA criminal history, FBI clearance and Child Abuse clearance done prior to hire.
Responsible for the supervision of residents’ self-medication and the assessment/monitoring of their other health needs.
This job operates out of the CMS River’s Bend location.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 4:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m.
Must have physical ability to: A) Climb stairs; B) Sit for prolonged periods of time; C) Carry heavy documents; D) Kneel and bend.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CMS Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CMS Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. CMS Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CMS’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.