Registered Nurse (CMS Inc. MHU)
Full Time- Mental Health Unit
Role and Responsibilities
Primarily responsible for the supervision of residents’ self-medication and the assessment/monitoring of their other health needs. All work is performed in accordance with City, State and Federal regulations, CMS policies and procedures, and professional mental health standards.
Brief outline of duties
- Transcribe physician’s orders and dispense medication.
- Assist with admissions and discharges including documentation of clients physical health needs.
- Conduct lectures for clients specifically around health issues.
- Participate in the treatment planning process for all clients.
- Responsible for conducting concurrent review with Community Behavioral Health.
- Act as a liaison between physician and program staff.
- Review and document lab results and schedule appointments for clients as needed.
- Vital signs, physical treatment ordered by a physician and any other nursing duty that is ordered by a licensed physician.
- Documentation: Progress notes, physical assessments, treatment plans, etc.
- Conduct Utilization reviews.
- In conjunction with Program Coordinator and Chief Psychiatrist, coordinates all nursing issues on Mental Health Unit.
- Assists Program Coordinator with training and orientation of all new nurses.
- Consults with Clinical Director on newest issues and regulations that govern Buprenorphine maintenance.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Valid Pennsylvania license as a Registered Nurse (RN) with at least 2 years experience working with MH population, psychotropic medications and the chemically dependent.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE (IF APPLICABLE)
Must have an acceptable PA criminal history, FBI clearance and Child Abuse clearance done prior to hire.
This job operates on the CMS Mental Health Unit located at Penrose Avenue.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires Sit for prolonged periods of time, standing, walking, bending, kneeling and stooping all day. The employee must frequently lift or move items weighing over 20 pounds.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CMS Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CMS Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. CMS Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CMS’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.