Full Time and Contracted positions available (Shifts vary, including nights and weekends)
Shifts Available: 8am-4pm and 4pm-Midnight
- Care of clients in all areas of treatment, to ensure their comfort and well being. Including, but not limited to, daily assessment of their physical and mental state, upkeep and accuracy of their charts.
- Responsible for taking vital signs, assessment of clients medical and psychological symptoms and the documentation of same in the nursing progress notes.
- Ensure proper and accurate transcription of physician orders and that accurate documentation is maintained on the administration of medication, verbal physician orders and individuals that are on self-medication plans.
- Inform the physician of acute or ongoing medical and/or psychiatric problems scheduled clinic appointment times and the results of medical assessments and testing.
- Schedule outside medical appointments and ensure clients transportation.
- Review clients health plan, develop and manage medical and medication goals for clients comprehensive treatment plans including clients who are in the self-administration medication program.
- Develop and run nursing groups, act as co-leader in group therapy and participate in treatment team meetings.
- Act as liaison between the clients physicians and the staff.
- Provide training to clients and staff in the areas of hygiene, medication side effects, first aid, nutrition, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by Associate Director.
High school diploma or equivalent Current Pennsylvania R.N. license preferred or Pennsylvania LPN with extensive clinical experience.
2 years work experience with adults with chronic mental illnesses and/or drug and alcohol issues required. Prefer work experience in BH residential or D&A recovery programs.