Sr. Psychiatric Rehabilitation Counselor
Brief outline of position:
1. Assist assigned People in Recovery (PIR) in defining and progressing toward self-defined recovery goals.
2. Provide individual and group counseling for PIR utilizing an Evidenced- Based Practices approach.
3. Insure that defined clinical documents are completed and updated in cooperation with PIR and according to program procedures.
4. Assist in all aspects of recovery program as directed by Associate Director/ Program Coordinator.
5. Facilitate psycho-educational, skills training, rehabilitation and therapy groups as assigned.
6. Work in cooperation with CPS to provide case management and community integration for persons in recovery.
7. Assist PIR to become familiar with and utilize existing community resources to achieve recovery goals.
8. Work in cooperation with PIR in design and implementation of program schedule
1. Assist Associate Director in monitoring staff use of time.
2. Monitor activity schedule for development and implementation.
3. Serve as liaison with vendors and authorized administrative staff.
4. Oversee inventory and purchase of supplies.
5. In absence of Associate Director, communicate if needed, with Director of Adult Mental Health.
6. Assist Associate Director in quality review of clinical documentation.
7. Supervise Certified Peer Specialist.
8. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Master’s Degree in Psychology or related areas; experience in mental health field and knowledge of Psychiatric Rehabilitation Model. Some supervisory experience is a plus.