Substance Abuse Technician/Clerical Assistant (CMS Inc.)
Role and Responsibilities
Responsible for providing clerical support to the Program Manager, Addiction Therapist, Nurses and other River’s Bend staff with minimal supervision. In addition, is responsible for assisting and supervising the day-to-day activities of the clients at River’s Bend facility.
Brief outline of duties:
- Complete intake data and verify insurance as assigned by Facility Director.
- Will be responsible for gathering statistics related to outcome, length of stay, etc. as needed by Facility Director.
- Compile in-house reports and memos for Facility Director.
- Maintain and centralized filing system.
- Answer phones
- Ensure completion of documentation for billing department.
- Submit and follow-up on all check requests, purchase requests, and maintenance requests.
- Complete and distribute all correspondence as necessary.
- Maintain and update Policy and Procedure manual as necessary.
- Ensure unit supplies are maintained.
- Prepare and finalize clients’ admissions.
- Monitor clients.
- Escort clients to meals.
- Deal with crisis emergencies on an ad-hoc basis as outlined in the River’s Bend policies and procedures manual.
- Ensure that important information is communicated to the clinical team or program leadership as is appropriate.
- Complete all other duties as stated or assigned by the Program Manager.
High School Diploma or equivalent plus five (5) years of direct care serving clients with co-occurring disorders. Must have the ability to work independent and as a team. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Must be familiar with the CBH authorization system. Must have the ability to sit for prolonged periods of time, carry heavy material, and bend and kneel.