Substance Abuse Technician II
Role and Responsibilities
The Substance Abuse Technician II will function as a member of the River’s bend team with the following major responsibilities:
- Initiate and track benefit applications.
- Monitor and correct benefit problems.
- Initiate, expedite and monitor planned placement referrals.
- Act as Liaison to insurance company(s).
- Responsible to pre-certify and obtain denial letters from insurance companies when a client has a secondary insurance.
- Monitor and assist clients with financial problems.
- Maintain records of services in clients’ charts.
- Responsible to complete all seven day and thirty-day follow-up on clients as indicated by the State of Pennsylvania’s regulations.
- Perform chart audits weekly.
- Deal with crisis emergency situations as outlined in the River’s Bend Policies and Procedure Manual.
- Assume responsibilities of Substance Abuse Technician as necessary.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings.
- All other duties as assigned by Facility/Project Director.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Individual must possess an Associate’s Degree or a High School Diploma or equivalent plus at least three years of drug and alcohol experience, one of which should be providing direct care with a substance abuse population.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE (IF APPLICABLE)
Must have an acceptable PA criminal history, FBI clearance and Child Abuse clearance done prior to hire.
This job operates out of the CMS River’s Bend location.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Full-time Monday through Friday 8am-4pm.
Must have physical ability to: A) Climb stairs; B) Sit for prolonged periods of time; C) Carry heavy documents; D) Bend and kneel; E) Passively restrain individuals in emergency situations
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CMS Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CMS Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. CMS Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CMS’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.