SUBSTANCE ABUSE TECHNICIAN
Contracted/Part-Time positions available
Salary – $13.25/hour
(shifts: Mon-Fri 12am-8am; all shifts on Weekends & Holidays 8am-4pm, 4pm-12am, 12am-8am)
***This position is working with the adult population only***
Role and Responsibilities
The Substance Abuse Technician (SAT) is responsible for supervising the day to day activities of the clients who are in treatment at the River’s Bend Addiction Treatment Program.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Escort clients to all meals.
- Run 12 Step Education Groups.
- Take intakes and verify clients’ insurance status.
- Monitor clients when they are not in treatment groups.
- Document client behaviors throughout the shift.
- Deal with crisis emergency situations as outlined in Rivers Bend Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Transport Clients to appointments.
- Ensure that information is communicated to the clinical team or program leadership.
- Accompany clients to various medical and social service appointments.
- All other duties as stated and/or assigned by the Facility Director.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- High School Diploma is required, plus at least six (6) months experience working in the Mental Health/Drug and Alcohol field. Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License is required and drive clients to appointments with Agency Vehicle.