Lead Psychiatric Technician
CATCH, Inc. requires all Employees to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine and show proof of completed vaccine status at the time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccination due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow CATCH’s policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
Full-time and hours may vary
|Role and Responsibilities:
Lehigh House LTSR/Partial is an integrated residential treatment program developed to provide behavioral health and residential services to Community Behavioral Health consumers with serious mental illness, requiring extended comprehensive behavioral health support services in a non-hospital, community-based residential setting.
Brief outline of position:
1. Functions under the direction and supervision of the AD and assumes responsibility for the unit.
2. Supervises and provides leadership, guidance and support to Psych Techs on the shift(s).
3. Responsible for implementing program goals and objectives.
4. Reinforces the mission and vision of the program in all interactions.
5. Demonstrates problem solving and critical thinking skills.
6. Ensures staff perform all aspects of client care in an environment that optimizes safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care or safety errors.
7. Assists in developing and carrying out individual plans for consumers and in preparing them to make transition to a less structured residential/treatment program.
8. Providing counseling and training for target population.
9. Facilitating interaction among consumers and leading group activities.
10. Assisting consumers with learning and achievement of activities of daily living.
11. Completing all documentation as instructed.
12. Supervising consumers during meals.
13. Taking consumers on off-unit trips in the Community.
14. Transporting and/or accompanying consumers in Agency van, a valid PA Driver’s license (preferred).
15. Attending monthly treatment team meetings, departmental staff meetings, in-service trainings and any other meetings/trainings as directed by the Associate Director.
16. Provides crisis intervention when necessary.
17. All other duties as assigned by the Associate Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONS REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services or a related field and 2-3 years of Psychiatric experience in either an inpatient setting or an emergency services setting of which 1-2 years included supervisory experience.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE (IF APPLICABLE)
Must have an acceptable PA criminal history, FBI clearance and Child Abuse clearance done prior to hire.
This job operates out of the Lehigh House LTSR/Partial Hospital on Lehigh Avenue.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Days and hours for this position may vary.
Must have physical ability to: A) Frequently climb stairs; B) Stand and sit for prolonged periods of time; C) Carry heavy items; D) Bend, kneel and reach; E) Passively restrain individuals in emergency situations.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CATCH Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CATCH Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. CATCH Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CATCH’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.