In-Home and Community Supports/ Companion
We support individuals in learning and maintaining the adaptive skills necessary to successfully reside in the home and community. We provide supervision and assistance that focuses on the health and safety of the individual.
Our In-Home and Community Supports services are specifically tailored for each individual’s interests and needs. We provide assistance in learning the many skills necessary to enhance one’s independence. We work with individuals on maintaining a clean and healthy home as well as how to keep a personal hygiene regimen. We also encourage individuals to attend social events through Community Integration. We help individuals develop social skills and foster meaningful relationships with others by introducing them to new activities and experiences.
Our Companion service is designed to support the individual as they navigate the road to independence. Companion services do not require the individual to learn a new skill. Our staff is on-hand to supervise and to help the individual complete a familiar skill or master a specific task if needed.
- Age Group – 18 and older
- Who can refer – The referral and authorization process is facilitated by the applicant’s Support Coordinator.
- Eligibility – Any individual who has been diagnosed with an IQ of 70 or below and is considered to have an Intellectual disAbility. The individual must be registered with their local county office’s Intellectual disAbility Services (Link to a resource page with contact information)
- Length of Treatment – Most individuals are lifelong members
- Location – 1421 Oregon Avenue, Philadelphia PA 19145
- For more information, call 215-755-9804