PSYCHIATRIC REHABILITATION COUNSELORS
Full Time Position
- Assist assigned People in Recovery (PIR) in defining and progressing toward self-defined recovery goals.
- Provide individual and group counseling for PIR utilizing an Evidenced-Based Practices approach.
- Insure that defined clinical documents are completed and updated in cooperation with PIR and according to program procedures.
- Assist in all aspects of recovery program as directed by Associate Director/ Program Coordinator.
- Facilitate psycho-educational, skills training, rehabilitation and therapy groups as assigned.
- Assist persons in recovery to become familiar with and utilize existing community resources to achieve recovery goals.
- Work in cooperation with PIR in design and implementation of program schedule.
- Rotating on-call responsibilities.
- Participate in all team meetings.
- Attend mandated Recovery and Rehabilitation trainings.
- Attend scheduled in-service training.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the Associate Director.
(MA level positions available) Master’s degree in a Behavioral Health/Human Services Field is required. Certification as a Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioner is a plus. Experience with an aging population is a plus. One to two years experience in psychiatric rehabilitation is preferred. Will be required to complete Orientation in Psychiatric Rehabilitation within 1 year of full time employment. Willing and physically able to: A) Climb stairs; B) Stand and Sit for prolonged periods of time; C) Carry heavy documents; D) Bend and kneel; E) Restrain clients in emergency situations; F) Use public transportation.