SUBSTANCE ABUSE TECHNICIAN (CMS Inc.)
CMS, Inc. requires all Employees to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine and show proof of completed vaccine status at the time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccination due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow CMS’s policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
Full-Time; Part-Time positions available
Salary – $16/hour
- Full-time: Days (8am-4pm) with alternating weekends
- Full-time: Nights 4pm- 12am) with alternating weekends
- Part-time/Contract: Mon-Fri 12am-8am; all shifts on Weekends & Holidays 8am-4pm, 4pm-12am, 12am-8am
***This position is working with the adult population only***
Role and Responsibilities
The Substance Abuse Technician (SAT) is responsible for supervising the day to day activities of the clients who are in treatment at the River’s Bend Addiction Treatment Program.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Escort clients to all meals.
- Run 12 Step Education Groups.
- Take intakes and verify clients’ insurance status.
- Monitor clients when they are not in treatment groups.
- Document client behaviors throughout the shift.
- Deal with crisis emergency situations as outlined in Rivers Bend Policies and Procedures Manual.
- Transport Clients to appointments.
- Ensure that information is communicated to the clinical team or program leadership.
- Accompany clients to various medical and social service appointments.
- All other duties as stated and/or assigned by the Facility Director.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
High School Diploma is required, plus at least six (6) months experience working in the Mental Health/Drug and Alcohol field. Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License is required and drive clients to appointments with Agency Vehicle.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE (IF APPLICABLE)
Must have an acceptable PA criminal history, FBI clearance and Child Abuse clearance done prior to hire.
This job operates out of the CMS River’s Bend location.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
Multiple positions are available, days and hours may vary.
- Full-time: Nights 4pm- 12am with alternating weekends
- Part-time: Mon-Fri 12am-8am; all shifts on Weekends & Holidays 8am-4pm, 4pm-12am, 12am-8am
Must have physical ability to: A) Climb stairs; B) Sit for prolonged periods of time; C) Carry heavy documents; D) Bend and kneel; E) Passively restrain individuals in emergency situations
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CMS Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CMS Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. CMS Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CMS’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.