Adult Blended Case Manager
*Please only apply if you are available to work an on-call 24/7 rotating schedule*
Role and Responsibilities
Provide an array of extensive case management services to approximately 24-29 adults who have met the criteria for Blended Case Management services. The services provided will include, but shall not be limited to:
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Assure all consumers on the assigned caseload receive a functional assessment to identify skill deficits and strengths to establish treatment goals.
- Develop and implement a written service plan for each consumer assigned to the caseload.
- Identify and connect the consumers to appropriate clinical and community resources necessary to meet the needs identified in their functional assessments.
- Update and maintain all case management records.
- Provide services that diffuse or resolve crises in order to prevent unnecessary use of emergency rooms, in-patient services and mental health court.
- Provide 24-hour response to consumers in crisis, including wearing a beeper or cell phone.
- Participate in interagency team meetings.
- Connect the consumer to behavioral health and social service agencies to assure there are no gaps in service.
- Make home, hospital and community based visits at a minimum of every 14 days (or more often as determined by the consumer’s level of care).
- Other responsibilities as designated by supervisor.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Bachelor’s Degree in any of the social sciences and two (2) years experience in public or private human services with one year of direct client contact required. Working knowledge of Crisis Intervention, the Philadelphia Behavioral Health and Prison Systems, Community Resources (i.e. Department of Public Welfare, Educational Law, Office of Social Security and Disabilities and Mental Health Advocacy Programs) required.
Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
Intermediate skills Microsoft Office
While performing the duties of this job, the employee has the potential to encounter unpredictable clients and will assist with restraining clients in emergency situations.
The position is mostly out in the community with exposure to weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently lifts and moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Additional Notes-Work Environment
While performing the duties of this position, the employee travels by automobile and will need Valid driver’s license, and/or public transportation and is exposed to changing weather conditions. The employee works in varied residential/commercial environments based on assigned caseload.