Certified Peer Specialist
CATCH, Inc. requires all Employees to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine and show proof of completed vaccine status at the time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccination due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow CATCH’s policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
Part-time (18.75 weekly). Monday 8:30am to 1:45pm, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8:30am to 1pm.
Role and Responsibilities
- Instill hope that it is possible for a person with a mental illness to live a meaningful life and encourage others to do so.
- Promote knowledge of available services
- Promote utilization of community resources
- Foster supportive peer relationships
- Willing to share his or her own recovery experience while being aware that each person’s road to recovery is unique.
Brief Outline of Duties:
- Act as a role model for People In Recovery (PIR) and staff
- Assist in orientation process for new team members and new PIR
- Assist PIR in identifying abilities and strengths and teach them how to utilize personal assets for advancing their own recovery.
- Assist PIR in identifying goals and engage individuals in developing personal recovery plans (Wellness Recovery Action Plan).
- Coach PIR on how to develop and practice skills needed to achieve goals outlined in their recovery plan and for maintaining personal wellness. Teach self-advocacy skills.
- Identify community resources and assist individuals in connecting with them and other peer supports such as self-help groups
- Participate in team meetings and promote a recovery perspective
- Keep team and supervisors informed of problematic issues, obstacles, and accomplishments experienced by individuals in working toward their respective recovery goals.
- Assist with outreach/community integration particularly with PIR who have been discharged
- Support PIR in identifying the areas where they need professional supports and services and in communicating those needs to provider staff
- Support PIR who are trying to connect/reconnect with family, friends, significant others and to improve or eliminate unhealthy relationships.
- Complete all required documentation in a timely manner.
- Attend monthly CPS meetings
- Assist clinical team during crisis situation as directed by unit supervisor or senior staff member.
- Follow all agency policies and procedures and all other duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Certified Peer Specialist by the MHASP required and maintained, including required CEU’s. Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills. Ability to establish professional relationships with peers. WRAP training a plus. Must complete orientation in Psychiatric Rehabilitation within one year.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE (IF APPLICABLE)
Must have an acceptable PA criminal history, FBI clearance and Child Abuse clearance done prior to hire.
- Teamwork Orientation
- Stress Management/Composure
- Ethical Conduct
- Communication Proficiency
- Customer/Client Focus
- De-escalation techniques
This job operates out of the Packer Avenue location.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a part-time position. Monday 8:30am to 1:45pm, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 8:30am to 1:00pm.
(18.75 hours weekly)
Must be willing to take public transportation (such as SEPTA bus and train services).
Must have physical ability to: A) Climb stairs; B) Sit for prolonged periods of time; C) Carry heavy documents; D) Kneel and bend; E) take public transportation (such as SEPTA bus and train services).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CATCH Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CATCH Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. CATCH Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CATCH’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.