Direct Service Professional
Mon-Fri 8:00am to 3:30pm
BRIEF OUTLINE OF DUTIES:
- Lift, carry, or transfer program participants with assistance (2 person transfers)
- Assist participants during lunch (this includes feeding for those who require the assistance to eat).
- Assist participants in the restroom according to their individual needs.
- Assist participants to explore opportunities in the community. The goal is to increase socialization, community involvement, and community safety awareness.
- Enter progress notes daily on each participant you worked directly with.
- Provide physical assistance as needed during personal care, program activities, and during community activities.
- Implement activities identified in the ISP and by Program Director.
- Accompany participants on accessible public transportation.
- Complete 24 hours of training annually including CPR, First Aid, Everyday Lives, Individual Service Plans, and all trainings required by the 6100 regulations.
- Follow all behavior plans as written.
- Develop and implement program activities based on participants interests and abilities.
- Assist and support all training of new staff members.
- Role model appropriate social skills.
- Develop professional rapport with all participants in program.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Program manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONS REQUIREMENTS:
High School Diploma and at least 1 (one) year experience in a healthcare field. Bilingual a plus (Spanish & English).
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE (IF APPLICABLE)
Must have an acceptable PA criminal history, FBI clearance and Child Abuse clearance done prior to hire.
This position operates out of the ID location at 1421 Oregon Ave.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Must be physically able to: A) climb stairs B) take public transportation C) lift 100 pounds (2 person transfers).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CATCH Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CATCH Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. CATCH Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CATCH’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.