Registered Nurse- FT Lehigh House LTSR
Full-Time; Dayshift 8am-4pm
Lehigh House LTSR/Partial Hospital
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lehigh House LTSR is an integrated residential treatment program developed to provide behavioral health and residential services to Community Behavioral Health consumers with serious mental illness, requiring extended comprehensive behavioral health support services in a non-hospital, community-based residential setting.
Brief outline of position:
- Responsible for taking vital signs, assessment of client’s medical and psychological symptoms and the documentation of same in the nursing progress notes.
- Ensure proper and accurate transcription of physician orders and that accurate documentation is maintained on the administration of medication, verbal physician orders and individuals that are on self-medication plans.
- Inform the physician of acute or ongoing medical and/or psychiatric problems scheduled clinic appointment times and the results of medical assessments and testing.
- Schedule outside medical appointments and ensure client’s transportation.
- Review client’s health plan, develop and manage medical and medication goals for clients’ comprehensive treatment plans including clients who are in the self-administration medication program.
- Develop and run medical/health groups, act as co-leader in group therapy and participate in treatment team meetings.
- Act as liaison between the client’s physicians and the staff.
- Provide training to clients and staff in the areas of hygiene, medication side effects, first aid, nutrition, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by Associate Director.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Position requires a current Pennsylvania R.N. license and experience working with chronically mentally ill adults in a residential setting.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE (IF APPLICABLE)
Must have an acceptable PA criminal history, FBI clearance and Child Abuse clearance done prior to hire.
This job operates out of the Lehigh House LTSR location.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position dayshift 8:00am-4:00pm.
Must have physical ability to: A) Assist with lifting of clients; B) Restrain clients in emergency situations; C) Kneel and bend
Equal Employment Opportunity
CATCH Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CATCH Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. CATCH Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CATCH’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.