(Shifts vary: 8am-4pm, 4pm-12am, 12am-8am, Weekends/Holidays)
Brief Outline of Duties:
Responsible for maintaining security at assigned CATCH sites with the primary goal of safety for clients, staff and facilities.
- Conducts scheduled and unscheduled patrols of the inside of the assigned buildings and the outside perimeters including the fenced-in areas;
- Establishes a liaison with the site supervisors/program coordinators to assist in security needs;
- Completes a patrol log during tour of duty indicating all security activities conducted;
- Provides a periodic presence of security at company parking lots;
- Conducts preliminary investigations of unusual incidents and submits written reports of same;
- As assigned, conducts in- depth investigations, coordinates investigations with supervisor and submits thorough written reports;
- Responds to fire alarms at assigned sites, ensuring that all occupants leave the building and notifies Facilities personnel on call of alarm;
- Notifies Police emergency – 911 – when Police presence is needed;
- Wears and maintains prescribed issued uniform; and interacts professionally and courteously with clients, staff and visitors;
- When assigned to Security Headquarters (Penrose), ensures oerational readiness of electronic and telephone equipment;
- Performs other duties as assigned by Director of Security or their designee;
- Works various assignments, including twenty-four (24) hour shifts on Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays.
High School or GED plus two years work experience required. Prior security work experience in a behavioral health company, hospital, or human services organization is preferred.
Must have physical ability to: A) Frequently climb stairs; B) Stand and sit for prolonged periods of time; C) Carry heavy items; D) Bend, kneel and reach; E) Passively restrain individuals in emergency situations.