Sr. Psychiatric Technician
Brief outline of position:
- Intake and evaluation of consumers in crisis.
- Assisting in developing individual recovery plans for consumers and preparing them to make the transition to residential programs.
- Provide one to one counseling for those consumers who are having difficulty sleeping and documenting the counseling.
- Assisting consumers with learning and achievement of activities of daily living.
- Completing all documentations as required.
- Review the consumer charts for accuracy of daily documentation.
- Documenting in shift report log.
- Giving a verbal report to the staff of the oncoming shift.
- Contacting immediate supervisor in case of an emergency.
- Supervise mental health technician assigned to the shift.
- All other duties as assigned by the Associate Director.
Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology, Social Work, Psychology, Gerontology, Anthropology, Political Science, History, Criminal Justice, Theology, Counseling, Education or a related field and 5 years of mental health direct care experience, of which 2 years shall include supervisory experience required. Must be physically able to climb stairs, lift consumers when needed and carry heavy documents.