Substance Abuse Tech II
CMS, Inc. requires all Employees to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine and show proof of completed vaccine status at the time of hire. If you cannot receive the COVID-19 vaccination due to a disability/medical reason or sincerely held religious belief you will be required to follow CMS’s policy and process to apply for an exemption/accommodation.
Role and Responsibilities
The Substance Abuse Technician II (SAT II) will function as a member of the River’s Bend Team with the following major responsibilities:
- Responsible to complete all intakes.
- Responsible to complete all PCPC an ASI, (Intake, Continued Stay and Discharge).
- Responsible to conduct concurrent reviews with all funding sources to secure payment for each client.
- Responsible to complete all seven day and thirty day follow-up on clients as indicated by the State of Pennsylvania’s regulations.
- Initiate and track benefit applications.
- Monitor and correct benefit problems.
- Responsible to pre-certify and obtain denial letters from insurance companies when a client has a secondary insurance.
- Initiate, expedite and monitor planned placement referrals.
- Monitor and assist clients with financial problems.
- Maintain records of Case Management activities and client charts.
- Act as liaison to insurance company.
- Assume routine responsibilities of substance abuse technician as necessary.
- Deal with Crisis Emergency situations as outlined in River’s Bend policies and procedure manual.
- Participate in weekly staff meeting.
- All other duties assigned by Facility Director.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Individual must possess a high school diploma plus at least seven years of drug and alcohol experience, five of which should be doing direct case management with a substance abuse population. A CAC or other related certification desired.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE (IF APPLICABLE)
Must have an acceptable PA criminal history, FBI clearance and Child Abuse clearance done prior to hire.
This job operates out of the CMS River’s Bend location.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Must have physical ability to: A) Climb stairs; B) Sit for prolonged periods of time; C) Carry heavy documents D) Bend and kneel
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CMS Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CMS Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. CMS Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CMS’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.