Full-time (availability between the hours of 6:30am to 5:30pm)
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Van Driver is primarily assigned to a 15 passenger vehicle and is responsible for providing a safe door to door experience for Clients by navigating throughout the city of Philadelphia in a safe and time efficient manner.
- Pick up assigned consumers from their homes, transport them to their scheduled programs, and return them to their homes after the end of the program. Assist consumer on and off vehicle.
- Provide Transportation to and from medical facilities for all consumers.
- Complete accurate records concerning the transportation of all consumers transported, including arrival and departure times and immediate reporting if a client is unavailable for pickup or there is a problem with the drop off.
- Provide transportation for consumers and staff for scheduled trips; Vehicle is not to be utilized for personal use.
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle is in proper operating condition by daily inspections and reporting of vehicle condition to the Transportation Management, who will then schedule maintenance and repairs for the vehicle.
- Ensure that assigned vehicle is properly garaged at the completion of each tour of duty, as well as when the vehicle is not in use for any extended period of time. Driver must radio on/off unassigned time such as lunch and break time.
- Wear and maintain the company-issued uniforms; be professional and courteous at all times.
- Must have ability to carry heavy packages and mail.
- Driver will be responsible for all paperwork, including but not limited to timesheets, vehicle inspection sheet, trip slip, incident of accident reports, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
High School Diploma/GED and current valid driver’s license; must be able to pass DOT physical; which includes initial and on-going random drug and alcohol screening, must have ability to pass CATCH, Inc.’s Road Test; prior multi-passenger driving experience and must have at least 1 year customer service experience or mental health environment preferred. Knowledge of Philadelphia and surrounding areas.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE (IF APPLICABLE)
Must have an acceptable PA criminal history, FBI clearance and Child Abuse clearance done prior to hire.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This is a full-time, 8 hour dayshift position. Hours may vary, availability from 6:30am to 5:30pm Monday through Friday.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to drive, talk and hear. This position is very active and requires using both hands, turning, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
CATCH Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, CATCH Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. CATCH Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CATCH’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.